Thursday, August 2, 2012

Patching Holes

We still can't decide what to do with the truck bed.  By we, I mean Lee.  It is his project and I go along with whatever he wants.  We went to Home Depot and bought some stuff to fill the worst of the cracks in the wood.  If I wanted to fill ALL the cracks, I would need to buy a gallon of the wood filler. 

 

This time I decided to put my phone in a Ziploc bag.  The last time I worked out there it got covered in dust.  That can't be good for it.  I don't like going places without it.  Not because I am so important that I can't be out of contact, but just in case of emergency.

 

I decided to fill the biggest holes and the places where I thought something might catch if you were to slide an object into the truck.  When it dries I will sand it and then we will have a better idea of how it will look.  Lee is still thinking of maybe staining it and a polyurethane coating.  It would be the cheapest option.


 
While I did that Lee was grinding the rust and paint off the metals rails that fit around the bed. Oooh, sparks!   He will spray them with a rust inhibitor and then paint.   More decisions...yellow, green, black?


 


I am not looking forward to the basement project for this reason.  The myriad of decisions.  Wall color, cabinets, faucets are just a start.  Do I want white or ivory outlets and switches?  What kind of doors?  Oh, maybe not those.  Too pricey.  Like I said, not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment