Monday, August 27, 2012

Maple Bacon Scones...revisited

  

Last night I wrote a post about making Maple Bacon Scones using a mix from Victorian House Scones.  I need to update that entry.

I tried making the icing, pouring over the scones and then placing bacon into the still warm icing.  This was not very satisfactory.  As it cooled it hardened and I ended up smooshing the bacon bits into the icing.  The bacon flavor was kind of hit and miss.  I came up with a new method.

  

After you make the icing to your satisfaction, simply stir the bacon bits (real ones, not soy) into the icing and then drizzle or spoon over the scones that have cooled and are waiting patiently on the cooling rack.

 
The bacon infuses the icing with that wonderful bacon flavor and each bite is mapley and bacony...those are words, I'm sure of it.  I don't care what Spell Check keeps yelling at me.    As a plus there is oatmeal so that you can convince yourself that this is a healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment