Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Bake

I have been enjoying trying new recipes with the Philadelphia cooking creme.  I went on the Kraft website and played around a bit with one of their recipes.  It was good and it used up a bunch of what I had in the fridge.  Should I call it Bits and Dabs Cauliflower Bake???

Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Bake

1 big head cauliflower
1 small can corn.  I had 1/2 can left over and used that.  Frozen would work.
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces.  You could use a whole bunch, but that is what I had in the fridge!
1 cup ham, diced
1 tub Philadelphia Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
1 cup shredded cheese.  I used 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 Horseradish cheddar

Heat oven to 400

Cut the cauliflower into small florets.  Place into boiling water in a sauce pan for 3 to 4 minutes.  This will lessen the baking time and make this a quick meal.  Drain the cauliflower and put it into a 13X9 baking dish that you have sprayed with Pam



Scrape the cooking creme into the saucepan.  The warmth will "melt" the creme and make it easier to work with.  You can heat it for a few minutes if you need.

Add the corn, onions, asparagus and ham to the dish.  Mix in the cooking creme and make sure it is evenly coated.



Cook for 20 minutes.  Then remove and add the cheese.  Place back in the oven for 10 more minutes.



I served this with some pineapple and strawberries.  I toasted some whole grain bread with a bit of Olive Oil on top.

Vegetarians could leave out the ham.  Vegans could....well vegans would find this dish boring and should probably not make it.




 I had some avocados (I bought 5 at Sam's Club!) so I put them on top.  I will be eating avocados at every meal!  Good thing I love them.



1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, what a great recipe! You should check out our Simply Delicious Meals page on Samsclub.com/meals for easy recipes using your avocados in; The Ruby Grapefruit and Avocado Salad is a favorite. Thanks for sharing AND for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Ramona from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete