Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day?

   

So my snowcation is kind of a bust.  It started snowing last night and I went to bed planning my day off.

   

This morning is was still lightly dusting snow here and there.  But I awakened to a mostly bright day.  Yes, it is overcast and yes it is cold, yet it is still rather bright.

Well, snow or no snow, the animals still need to be fed, so on go the lined coveralls, scarf, knit cap, boots and gloves.  That's the bad thing about animals....and children.  They want to eat EVERY day.  Sometimes more than once!

   

One good thing about having a husband with a tractor is that he can get up and plow the road to the barn for you.

   

 I highly recommend getting one.

   

There is a great view of Purgatory Mountain on the way to the barn.  Does this mean hell has frozen over?  Could it possibly mean that every one in Congress has quit and is letting somebody else run the country?  Naw.  Probably not.

   

It was too cold to let Claire out in the field for the day, so I turned her loose to clean her stall and add more food.  She ran around, bucked a few times to set the dog off and then prospected for grass under the snow. 

   

Her blanket was wet so I took it off to dry and I'll put another back on this evening.  It's in the 30s but not too windy or super cold.

   

Then I had to empty the dishwasher before I could put away the breakfast dishes. So far this is the same thing I do every day.  Only with the added complication of cold and snow.   I don't want to sound pitiful here, but when does my snow day start???

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to be a farmer today- but I sure liked the pictures!!! I may have to come photograph Purgatory Mountain from your property someday.

    ReplyDelete