Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Quilting

It is currently snowing.  Again.  A good day for getting some quilting done.

 

I finished sewing the colorful arcs to the interfacing, all 116 of them.  well, 115 of them.  On one of them the interfacing tore when I was turning it and I am too tired of working on them, so I will fix it later. 

 

Now,  I am placing them on the background squares.  I had to trim the interfacing to make them fit.  You don't want it to hang over and stick to the ironing pad.  I am not using a full ironing board. I am also using the pressing sheet.  This keeps any of the glue side that might peek through on the arcs from sticking to the iron.  It gets hot, though and can burn your finger tips.  Don't ask me how I know this.

 

I press one tip in one corner and then place the other corner and press it.  Only then do I press the rest of the arc. 

 

Once one set of arcs are in place I use invisible thread to top stitch with a zigzag stitch.  The invisible thread gets tangled every once in a while and I have to cut it and rethread the machine.  But I like it because it doesn't show a lot on the arcs.

 

I have to place four arcs on 24 background squares and one arc on 24 squares for this quilt.  I have done 6. 

 

But, once again it is snowing and I can only read so much.

I'm lying!!  I can read a lot!   And sit on a comfy bed with warm blankets and hot cups of tea.  But I have to be sort of productive, don't I?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are being productive to me! Love the look of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that looks so pretty.
    Question: if the thread is invisible, then how do you know it's tangled?

    ReplyDelete