I'm not sure what this table is called. I bought it recently from a local store, but the stain was coming off when I cleaned it. I wrote about it recently.
I decided that it could use a couple of coats of lacquer to seal it. First I had to tape up the windows. Then I sprayed a coat, did a bit of rubbing with very fine steel wool, and then a second coat.
I let it dry a few days because it has been freaking cold.
Then I brought it in to warm up, removed all the masking tape, replaced the hardware and cleaned it up.
Lee carried it to the basement and we put a lamp on the serving tray. If someone wants to use the serving tray, they will have to remove the lamp.
I placed a few things inside and it looks OK. Not grand, but if someone spills wine on it, it isn't a disaster.
Now Lee says we need a picture for the wall above it.
Yay for more trips to art co-ops and antique stores!