Friday, November 23, 2012

A Bit of Quilt


I have spent what time I had available for the last two days on the quilt.  We spent the middle of the day yesterday at the local Rescue Mission.  It ended earlier than we had planned so I had a few free hours!  Then I made our personal turkey dinner for two today.  Gotta have the sammies!

   

So I finished the Star Borders and the Framed Borders and started putting the first bit together.  We will not be discussing the parts I had to rip out and redo.  I think I have become a bit better and then I get cocky and do a stupid.  It helps to stop when you are tired and DON'T try to do just a bit more.  I always end up taking it out.

I am now at the point where I have to cut some more.  It will be the keyboard border.  Rather than sewing strips into a keyboard, I bought striped fabric.  Now I have to figure out how to cut and put it together, because I am going off the pattern.  Not sure I am ready to fly solo!

 
   

I have to go back to the quilt shop to get more fabric to finish the quilt and I may have to throw myself on the mercy of the court, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment