Friday, July 13, 2012

Pinky

                                  

Today would have been my sister Rosalind's 55th birthday.  You wouldn't have known that because she was so young and beautiful.  She got the nickname Pinky when she was about 3 and we called her that for the rest of her life.  I think she liked it...at least she did as an adult.  Not too sure about when she was still in shcool.

When Lee and I built her memorial garden, I felt a little better.  When I buy things like the Pinky Winky Hydrangea, I feel better.  It was fun to get dragonflies for it and I loved finding the ant, for aunt Roz.  But today is her birthday and I don't feel better.



I hate cancer.

3 comments:

  1. I know. I think all families have been touched by the ugly hand of cancer. I know mine has. The treatments are so ugly and devastating too. Sorry for the loss of your sister who looks to have been a fabulous and beautiful person. Hugs.

    I hate cancer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate cancer, too. It is a terrible disease. I am really sorry for your loss. And it is okay to be sad.

    I think the memorial garden is a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete