Sunday, July 15, 2012

Peach Mango Smoothie

I had a bunch of peaches I had to use soon.  I offered Lee the choice of a smoothie or a fruit crisp and he chose the smoothie.  It has been hot and humid and he wanted something cool.  I had a couple of mangoes and some Greek yogurt, so we were good to go.

Peach Mango Smoothie

This recipe made two full glasses with a bit left over.

6 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1 container Greek Yogurt, I used vanilla
1 scoop vanilla ice cream, because I had it and it added some sweetness.
about 1/4 cup of milk.  Just to thin it out a bit.

                             

The peaches were so ripe they peeled easily.  The I just cut around the pit and dumped the chunks in the blender.  I try to avoid the hard bits close to the pit.

                           

Slice straight down the mango on the front and back.  Then get any other bits still on the giant seed without cutting in to it.  Some people score the large slices of mango and then turn the slice from convex to concave and slice off the chunks, leaving the skin behind.  I just make two cuts lengthwise and then slice off the skin.  Or buy some frozen mango and make life easy for yourself.  Don't bother to thaw it.

Dump the yogurt and the ice cream and the milk in the blender and mix until smooth.  Gotta be smooth for a smoothie.





We had this for dinner with a salad, but we were too full to finish the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment