Thursday, May 28, 2020

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Like everyone else, I've been stuck at home with nothing I care to do, until Virginia is allowed to open up.  So I have been doing some cooking.  I'm bored with all my cooking.  I want to got out to a restaurant and SIT DOWN and eat there. Not pick up and drive home with rapidly cooling food.

So I made some cookies.  I don't need to eat another carb for months, but that hasn't stopped me.  And if you are like me, you should make these cookies.  I found some macadamia nuts in the baking section.  I bought some white chocolate chips and started searching for recipes.  I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com

   

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chips

   

Preheat the oven to 350 °.

 

I use a kitchen Aid mixer for creaming the butter.  But you can use any mixer or wear yourself out by hand.  Set the mixer beating the butter while you get out the rest of the ingredients.

Add the sugar and scrape down the bowl.  Mix well.  Add the eggs and mix well.  Add in the flavorings.  Mix.

In a medium bowl place the flour baking soda and salt.  Mix with a fork and add in stages to the butter mixture.

   

Add the nuts and chocolate and mix until combined.

I use Silpat baking sheets.  If you don't, place walnut size lumps on an ungreased cookie sheet.  I use a cookie scoop for this.

   

Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack .

   

 Eat slightly warm with a cup of tea.

   

I wouldn't have thought to use the almond flavoring, but it was really nice and made these different than others I have tried.  Sad to say, these were worth the calories and I will make them again.  Hopefully after I have lost some of this lockdown, COVID weight.

   

But probably not.

2 comments:

  1. OK so I am about a month late in reading this post, Rebecca, but those cookies looked so good just in the photos. I know they tasted better. I haven't baked cookies, but bread, homemade pasta, banana bread have been on my baking list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m eating all the wrong stuff but it’s keeping me from going crazy. I love macadamia nuts, so these were great for me.

      Delete