I have made several baskets out of scraps from quilts I have made.
I decided to see how a basket from a single type of fabric would turn out.
I cut the strips about 1/2 inch. I followed the instructions from the previous baskets for zig zagging the wrapped clothesline.
This time I sewed the top of the basket with a doubled length of fabric from the outside. That worked better, even though it was harder to see that the fabric was in the right place.
Then I tucked it into a folded edge and hand stitched it on the inside.
I wrapped a length of clothesline with some more of the fabric, and used a zig zag stitch down the center.
I hand stitched it in place and added a few beads and other embellishments.
I like how it turned out and plan on making some more. Don't know what I will do with them all, but I'm enjoying the process.