Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Turn

I have made a lot of baby blankets.  But they are always for someone else.  Not my baby or Grandbaby.   I don't mind.  I like to knit and I like babies, so it is fun for me to make something and think about the baby getting my gift.

But all that has changed.  All you people wanting me to knit you something will have to wait.  I am making something for MY grandbaby. Yay!  And cue the fireworks.

 

First thing I did was go get some yarn for a baby afghan and order some quilt books from the library.

 

I started the afghan and have picked out the quilt I want to make.

 

We are waiting to know the gender so I chose a gender neutral quilt.

Nothing more universal than Rubber Duckies, Right??

 

I went to a quilt shop on a visit to NOVA ( that's Northern Virginia for the uninformed).  I bought a lot of  a lot of fat quarters in yellows, greens and blues.

 

I will fussy cut the orange for different beaks.  None of the Rubber Duckies are supposed to be the same, so I will mix and match..

The baby isn't due for months and months.  But then quilts take months and months to make.  My plan is to finish the quilt before the baby gets here. 

The afghan should be done in a month and then I will start the quilt.

Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Yayayay! I'm catching up on your blogs and am thrilled to learn you are going to become a grandma. It's the best thing in the world. You have such special talents to use to make some lovely gifts for that special baby.

    ReplyDelete