Thursday, June 18, 2015

Different Mashed Potatoes

I saw a commercial where they made mashed potatoes with a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix.  That sounded good to me.  When I lived with a friend in Pasadena, back in the 70s for crying out loud(!)  she used to make a great veggie dip.  She would mix a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing ( called HVRD by those in the know)  with sour cream and mayo.  It was delicious! (Hi Sande, thanks for showing me how to cook.)

I knew I liked that, so I figured I would like it in mashed potatoes, too!  It is super easy

HVRD Mashed Potatoes

4 huge Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3/4 cup sour cream
1 packet HVRD mix
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 cup milk, optional

 

Boil the potatoes until soft, but not falling apart.  Drain and place in a large serving bowl. 

 

Place the sour cream and the packet of HVRD on top and commence the mashing.  It was not creamy enough for me, so I added a bit more milk and a bit of salt.

 

Serve all by itself, or with gravy like I did here.

 

I pretty much like potatoes any way you want to fix them, but this is a nice way to do something different.


1 comment:

  1. We usually add the sour cream, but oh my, now ranch dressing too!

    ReplyDelete