Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Two Books

I have been working on a book of ideas for B&B guests to use.  You know, things to see and do,  places to eat.  I had to put it away for other projects.  I got it out recently.



Two of the places to eat no longer exist.  That is the sad fact of life in Buchanan.

 

I had been making scrapbook-type pages.  This discouraged me.  I didn't want to have to X out suggestions on a page. 

 

So I just filled a few page protectors with brochures of similar excursions or locations and left it at that.  I do have a brochure box where items can be taken, but this is just to look through.

 

The other book is a handmade book.  My son made it for me a few years ago and I really love it.  I want to use it for guests to write comments.  I have a pen at the ready.  But all the pages are blank.  I wondered if anyone would want to be the first to write in this pristine, handcrafted book.

 

I didn't want to be the first.  My handwriting is atrocious.  Typing on a computer has made it even worse.  No backspace button with pen and ink.  I took a deep breath and wrote a small plea.

 

Now to see if it works.

 

It looks inviting, right?  You might sit there and check out that beautiful book, wouldn't you?

 

And it worked. 

 

We have two wonderful comments from our two wonderful groups of guests.

 

I am having a lot of fun with the B&B and can't wait for the next guests.


2 comments:

  1. Such a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books are great ideas, and it is too bad the eateries have closed. Have you also considered adding a computer for guest use so folks could look up places of interest IF theyndo not have theor own internet ready devices? But then if wi-fi is included most folks do have their own phones, tablets, etc. the handmade book was beautiful as were the comments. The B&B has gotten off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete