Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring Has Come At Last

I stepped outside this morning.  The snow was gone.  When did that happen?  It was even almost kind of warm.  When did that happen?  The sky was even kind of blue.  At Last, I thought.

That made me think of the Etta James song.  And my brain substituted a few lyrics.  Sing it in your head to Ms. James.

At last
The spring has come along
My freezing days are over
And life is like a song

Oh yeah, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
The garden's growing clover  (or weeds, at any rate)

 

This morning when I saw you

Okay, now forget that terrible version and go back to the classic.

 

But LOOK.  Daffodils! 

The woods aren't looking spring like,

 

but I changed my clocks last night to spring forward and I am deciding it IS spring and it WILL be warm.

 

And when sweltering summer humidity comes I will wonder why I was in such an all fired hurry for spring to come

At Last.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice just to see "something" green! We have been outside enjoying the better weather. Spring will come....one day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't honestly say that I do 't prefer the original lyrics, Rebecca, but your version was creative. You are so roght about possibly wishing for cooler temps once the summer heat and humidity set in.

    ReplyDelete