Friday, July 26, 2019

Potato Chip Chicken Bites

I saw a recipe in one of those magazines that show up mysteriously at our house.   In this case, it was My Magazine. It looked good, so I made it. In fact it WAS good, so you should make it too.

   

Potato Chip Chicken Bites

1 1/2 -2 cups crushed sour cream and onion flavored potato chips
1 egg
1 Tablespoon milk
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Dipping sauces.  I used honey mustard and ranch dressing

   

Preheat the oven to 350°.

   

Place the potato chips in a shallow bowl. I placed a paper towel over the pile of chips. then I used my hands to crush the chips.  I didn't measure them.  I made a pile and when I needed more, I crushed more.

   

Whisk the egg with the milk in a cereal bowl.  Cut the chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch cubes.

   

Dip the cubes of chicken in the egg mixture, then roll them into the crushed chips.  Place them on a baking sheet sprayed with Pam or use a Silpat. I used a Silpat.

   

Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they turn a golden brown.

   

Serve warm with a selection of your favorite dipping sauces.

   

And , maybe, with some fresh fruit.

   


The sour cream and onion flavor chips added some crunch and piquancy to the tender bites.   Lee really liked them and called them delicious.  He made an interesting suggestion. Perhaps it would be fun to try different chips to get different flavors.  That sounds like a fun idea.

2 comments:

  1. Lee’s suggestion sounds like a good one. We’re off any sort of chips for now, so will have to enjoy these theough your ohotos, Rebecca😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We SHOULD be off chips. But I have had trouble avoiding that which I should avoid. You have more self control than I!!

      Delete