Monday, July 8, 2019

Rachel"s Book

I recently found a book I made for my younger daughter when she was three.  I wanted to make a similar book for our granddaughter, Rachel.  I found a book by Amy Pincock called Quiet Book Patterns and decided to use some of her patterns and templates.  It has a lot of ideas for what the author calls a Quiet Book..

   

I used felt for the designs.

   

The leaves and flowers have snaps to attach to the tree.

   

The blank face has hair, eyes and facial features for both men and women.  These don't have anything to attach them.  They just rest where placed.

   

There are a lot of them so I made a pocket of tulle fabric on the back of the blank face to hold them.


The robot has two sets of arms and legs and three different heads.

    


The book had patterns for coins to be printed on transfer paper and then attach to thick fabric and then cut out.

   

They were thicker than the actual coins and I don't care if Rachel loses them.  I used real coins and used the smallest zipper I could find to make a wallet.

The sock matching page uses velcro to hold the correct sock to the matching one.  The laundry basket holds the socks to be matched.


 

The ballet slipper uses ribbon to use for practice in tying a bow.

I'm going to visit Rachel soon and I'm looking forward to giving her the book I made.  She has a new baby sister that I am also excited to see.  But now the pressure is on to come up with new patterns for HER book.

I have two years.


2 comments:

  1. Quite book for Rachel and congrats on the arrival of the new granddaughter. Thise 2 years you have to orepare will go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete