Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Big Blue

   

One of the first things we bought when we moved to Shenandoah Gateway Farm was a Kawasaki Mule.  It was great for hauling tools, debris and trash cans down our 1/3 mile driveway to the street for pickup.

If you search this blog you can see the many ways in which we used it on a daily basis. In addition RJ LOVED the mule.  He liked riding in it.  He liked running along with it.

   

When we downsized to a 6.5 acre property, we figured that we wouldn't need the Mule. And Lee really didn't want to make an extra trip to our new place for one more vehicle transfer.  So we sold it to New Freedom Farm at a vastly reduced price, because we believe in the work they do.  This is an organization that seeks to help veterans.  They do that with horses, in particular they are rescuing Mustangs and using them to help rescue the veterans. Check them out and donate if you feel moved by their mission.

   

On many days I have missed that Mule.  I started looking around for another one. I could find used Mules and other UTVs, but none of them were close to us.  Or they were trashed. We have taken care of our Mule and I really wanted it again.

   

So I found a local Kawasaki dealer and went to check out the Mules.  They had a BLUE one. it was so PRETTY. The new ones can also be fitted with a roof and a windshield.  I can't tell you the times I had to go out in the rain and snow and wished for both of those things.

When I finally decided I NEEDED to get a Mule, we got the other accessories along with it.  I love it.

   

So does RJ.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy ending and a sharp looking vehicle. The windshield and roof were great additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haver already been appreciative of the roof when using the Mule to feed the chickens on a rainy day. So Nice!

      Delete