Thursday, December 20, 2018

Snow in Fall

  

I have been trying to post these pictures of our recent snow storm.  For some reason I couldn't save or publish this blog. So now I'm trying again.  Here's hoping.

  

We had our first snow this season a little more than a week ago.  I no longer have horses and I don't work at the library any more.  This means I don't have to go to the barn to feed and I don't have to get in the car and drive.  So I'm content to stay inside and enjoy the snow.

  

Lee doesn't have that gene.  He thinks we need to get out in case of emergency.  A few years ago he bought a big truck and had a snowplow installed on it.  He likes to get in the heated cab and plow the drive.

  

To be fair, he does have to plow at least every four or five inches of snow.  If too much snow gets under the axle and then you don't have enough traction to plow.

  

Before he got the truck, he used the scraper or front loader on the tractor.  But the cab is not enclosed and it gets very cold and wet.  Our back drive is gravel and dirt and the snow plow can chew that up and then he has to regrade after the snow melted.  So he still uses the tractor for that.

  

While Lee works outside in the snow and cold, I get to step out on the front or back porch and enjoy the view.  Then I take a few pictures and take myself and my steaming cup of coffee back into the heated house.

  

We get some great views and the snow is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment