Monday, September 3, 2018

Marry Me Cookies

I saw Marry Me Cookies when I was cruising around the internet.  It was on the site, iambaker.  The premise is that these cookies are so fabulous that they will seal the deal on a proposal.  While they are very good cookies, I don't think I would marry someone based primarily on being presented with these cookies.  But you are welcome to try it!



Marry Me Cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

  

Clear a shelf or two in your refrigerator or freezer.  You will need to chill the batter at various times.  Don't preheat the oven just yet.

  

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.  Remove from the heat add both sugars and stir until smooth.  Pour into a large bowl and chill the mixture for 10 minutes.  This will cool it enough for when you add the eggs.  Scrambled eggs in cookies are unpleasant.

  

Remove the bowl and stir in the eggs and vanilla.

  

Add the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix well.  Fold in both flavors of chocolate chips.

  

Chill the dough about 30 minutes, until it is firm enough to form balls.  Use a medium scoop or roll about 2 teaspoons of dough into balls.

  

Place on parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.  I did both to see if one was better than the other.  It was not.   Place  the baking sheets and any remaining dough in the bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for 10.

  

Preheat the oven to 325º.  Bake the cookie dough for 12 to 14 minutes.  The edges should just be starting to turn brown.  It took 14 minutes for me.

  

Remove from the oven and cool for 2 minutes.  Then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.

  

Eat a few and then take some to your favorite library.  You shouldn't be eating all of these by yourself.



Do you think this will work?

2 comments:

  1. I liked the ring box in the final shot with the cookies and I wonder if this recipe did actually work for anyone...wonder how we would ever know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you noticed the ring box! It must be your photographer's eye! I hope if someone tries this, and it works, that they'll let me know. I don't want to know if it doesn't work. I'd feel bad.

      Delete