Thursday, March 10, 2016

Tile Backsplash

When we bought our house, it had a four inch slab of granite as a backsplash.  I have wanted to put in a tile backsplash, but other things had priority and we never got around to it.  Recently we bought a new fabulous cooktop.  It was a 30 inch cook top and so was the old one.  But the cutout in the granite was different.

 

We had the granite backsplash removed.  Fortunately it was only installed with dollops of adhesive And came off in one piece.  I patched the holes made during the removal.  We used the granite to cut sections to fix the too large cut out.  Now we really had to tile the back splash. 

 

We picked the tile and waited for it to come in.  I have done small bits of tile, but vertical tile it hard to do and we were doing a lot.  I didn't want to have a fabulous kitchen and a sorry backsplash.

 

I picked some natural stone to pick up the colors of the cabinets.  Then I chose some accents of natural stone that picked up the colors in the granite and the cabinets to tie it all together.  I put in a stripe of the accent tile and then had a rectangular "picture" of the accent over the cooktop.

 

I really liked the way it turned out.  If you don't, please don't tell me.  I'm not taking it out and starting over.  So I LOVE it.

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful. I noticed it but didn't get a chance to comment on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's wonderful and the natural accent worked nicely, Rebecca. You are indeed multi-talented to have done this backslash as well as so many other projects.

    ReplyDelete