Sunday, October 2, 2022

Honey Pecan Cream Cheese

 I recently had bought some bagels. This is a moderately big event for me as there are no places in our town.  I love a Nutella bagel, Burt I also like them with a honey pecan cream cheese. Sadly, I haven't been able to find any.  I can find regular cream cheese and savory cream cheese flavors, but not the honey pecan ones.  

I don't know if it is COVID related, supply chain issues, or what the issue is, but I decided to make my own.  How hard could it be?

So I bought a tub of plain Philadelphia cream cheese and made some.


Honey Pecan Cream Cheese

1/2 cup cream cheese

1 Tablespoon honey

2 Tablespoons pecans

I toasted some pecans in the toaster oven. Keep an eye on them. They can go from not toasted enough to burnt pretty quickly.  I set the oven to 300° and only kept them in a few minutes.  After cooling, chop finely.

Mix the cream cheese, honey and chopped nuts.  That's it.

I made this after breakfast, so I wasn't hungry enough to toast a bagel to try it out. I placed a small amount on an animal cracker. It was delicious.  It was a bit sweeter than I was used to, so I may use a bit less honey next time I make it.  And I will make it again.

Place the flavored cream cheese in an air tight container and keep it in the refrigerator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment