Friday, October 14, 2022

Finished Transportation Quilt

 I have been working on the transportation quilt I am making for our grandson for some time. He was turning two and I wanted to finish it in time for his birthday.  Not that he would know or care, but I wanted to get it done by then.

      

I found some absolutely adorable fabric online with cartoon workers and construction vehicles. What did we do before the internet???

As with all the appliqués I have done, I stitched around the designs as part of the quilting process.  I did most of the quilting in free motion.  Then I added a binding using the same fabric I used for the backing. 

I was unhappy with the bus and plane square.  I remade them and then saved the originals. This is explained in earlier posts.

I quilted each one with batting and scrap fabric for the backing. I sewed them together with right sides facing, leaving part of one side open. 

 I turned them right side out and then stuffed the pillow with poly fill stuffing and stitched it closed. I had a matching pillow!

       


I managed to finish before his birthday.  He is now using his new quilt.  I don't know if he appreciates it or not, but I guess time will tell.

      

2 comments:

  1. How lovely and adorable your grandson is. I have supplies for a quilt for my daughter that I need to get started on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments about our grandson. We also think he is adorable! Quilting seems so daunting before you start. But it is satisfying to finish one. I hope you do!
      I made this one for my granddaughter.
      https://shenandoahgatewayfarm.blogspot.com/search?q=dress+quilt

      Delete