Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hot Buttered Cheerios

This is the easiest snack ever. My mom made it for us when we were kids and I made it for my kids and for the day care kids I used to have. It is especially good on a rainy day. If you serve it in a paper towel rolled up like a cone, kids will have a built-in napkin! Lee and I are grown-up, though and know not to wipe our fingers on the couch. We use our pants like grups are supposed to!

Hot Buttered Cheerios

Here is the very difficult to remember ingredients....

Butter
Cheerios

Melt a big hunk of butter in a large sauce pan. Pour in a large amount of Cheerios. Stir until all the Cheerios have come into contact with the butter. Continue cooking and stirring until they are no longer greasy looking and the Cheerios become lightly toasted. Pour into a big bowl, or individual serving bowls if someone is more likely to get the most of them before you can. Yum-O

I am not including pictures for two very good reasons. One...Come on now. How hard can this be??? Two ingredients and 5 minutes.

And Two...the pictures I took were fuzzy and I don't like them and I don't want to make more right now to get better pictures, OK???

1 comment:

  1. My girls & I love hot buttered cheerios! My mom made them for me when I was a child, too!!! xoxo Saja

    ReplyDelete