Sunday, January 31, 2021

Mug Rugs for My Granddaughters

I have been inspired by mug rugs for some reason.  Perhaps because it is a quilt with a tiny commitment.  Unlike most quilts with many squares, a mug rug has a single quilt square and maybe an appliquéd side bar or two.

   

For the mug rugs I made for my granddaughters, I chose two simple patterns.  I found them in this book, One Block Mug Rugs, by Amanda Weatherill. 

   

It has a lot of good patterns with clear instructions.

   

I made two different patterns with two different color palettes.  

   

Here's hoping for a lack of arguing over who gets which one! 

   

I've already started two more mug rugs. I will try to remember to take more pictures as I go. Maybe I can inspire you to try one or two!


2 comments:

  1. I love these and have seen them before. Although, I didn't know they were called, mug rugs. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t say every one made is called that. But that is what the books I bought call them. I’m having fun taking them a step past the patterns and playing around with them. I’d love to hit a fabric store, but that is 6 weeks away. I got my first vaccine and am already planning shopping trips!

      Delete