Thursday, June 20, 2019

WHAT IS THE NAME?

I haven't been writing. Not because I don't have a lot to say, but because we no longer live at SGF and I can't decide on a new name for this house.  I would then need to change the name for the blog.  Then I would need to change the heading and link to the former blog. And it all rests on the name. I have a few ideas, but nothing jumps out at me.

   

We live on Snickersville Turnpike.  It is a historic byway that started out as an Iroquois trail and has been used ever since.  You can read the history here.

So I would like to incorporate that name.  We no longer have horses, nor do we cut hay,  We have a bit more than 6 acres, rather than the 57 acres we had before.  It is a lot more land to mow, so we just bought our first zero turn mower. Lee is trying it out now.

   

We do have chickens and brought our  dog and two cats.  Not much of a farm.

I'd like to name the house and then use that for the blog. That means that my first inclination, calling the blog Snickers Doodles, may not work.

But I have a lot of things going on here, so I will just start and name this thing later.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new residence. Looks lovely. I've driven Snickersville Turnpike and it is pretty country. Aldie is an awesome town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many cute towns nearby and things to do. And dare I mention the multitude of wineries I intend to patronize?

      Delete
  2. I can't come up with the perfect name.... such a personal thing to name a blog, so will let you do that. I do love your new property. Much more manageable in size for the two of you. Even our 3 acres can seem a bit much at times, but you have downsized tremendously. A good thing for we old fogies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like a lot less land....and house, but Lee got used to not having neighbors...and likes it that way! I guess ill stick with the old name until inspiration strikes. Then I'll hire you to direct people to both. And to fix the problem of none of my comments coming to me by email....except the ones that aren't you and have your name.....

      Delete
  3. Congrats again on the new home, which looks lovely, and yes you have downsized significantly🙂. Naming a new blog can be mind wracking and as Pepper commented, it is such a personal decision. Once you have given yourself time to settle in, an idea(s) may come to you. Pat said he’s envious of Lee’s new zero turn mower😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you travel this way we'll put him up on it. We mow our lawn the way Tom Sawyer paints a fence!!
      I hope you're right about being zapped with a good name for the blog. Maybe I'll sit outside during the next lightning storm.......

      Delete