Monday, April 20, 2015

Still Quilting

I have had a lot of company, but I am still trying to get some quilting done.  It isn't worth sitting down for 20 or 30 minutes.  You have to have a large block of time, to get any work done.

What with the company, Physical Therapy appointments and regular life, I haven't had a lot of time to quilt.  Today I did. 

 

It helps to have a book read to me while I work.  Lee won't, so I am enjoying this Sandra Brown audiobook that I got from the library.  If you don't have someone to follow you around the house reading to you while you work, let me know and I'll tell you how to get that for FREE!.  I love the library!

 

I finished doing the free motion quilting on the borders.  On all of my previous quilts, I added something to designate it as mine.  Or done by me and the year.  Not because I think they will be valuable someday, but to see what I made when. And maybe great grand children will like to see what I did back in the day.  Of course, I first have to have a grandchild, but that is beyond my control.  Maybe great grand nieces!

 

I wrote a couple of words and the date all mixed in with the free motion quilting.  Have you ever tried to write in cursive while not looking at the paper?  Well, that is basically what I did because the thread blends in with the background.  I did practice first, but my handwriting is terrible at the best of times, so we shall see.

 

After I finished the borders, I decided to use the invisible thread to tack down the wedding rings and do a bit of quilting at the same time.  I'm not sure I will do all of them, but that is my current plan.

I am really looking forward to binding this sucker!  I mean quilt.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried English Paper Piecing? That's something you can pick up if you only have 20 or 30 minutes. I wrote about it here: http://thatbritishwoman.blogspot.ca/2009/09/new-to-me-quilting-technique-and-deal.html and here: http://thatbritishwoman.blogspot.ca/2010/02/another-column-and-more-english-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this is a gorgeous quilt! Can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete