Thursday, December 30, 2021

Pecan Praline Pie Bark

 I found this recipe online. It is by Wendy Wilkes from the Stir The Pot Recipe Group.

I just happened to have everything I needed and had this made and cooling in about 30 minutes.


Pecan Praline Pie Bark


2 sleeves of honey graham crackers

1 cup (2 sticks) butter.

1 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.  Spray it with Pam.

Cover the baking sheet with a single layer of the graham crackers.  You may have to break some to make them fit.

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir to blend. 

Continue stirring until it starts to boil and start a timer for two minutes.  I had my phone on the counter and just yelled to Siri to start the timer.

Add the vanilla and chopped peans and give a quick stir.

Quickly pour the VERY hot mixture over the graham crackers and quickly spread it.  It will start to set up fast, so have a spoon or offset spatula ready to spread.  

Bake for 10 minutes or until the mixture is bubbling.  Allow the pan to cool to room temperature.  Break up the bark into pieces.  Store them in an airtight container.


These are very good.  Addicting, maybe.  I made sure to give some away so that I don't eat the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment