Saturday, December 25, 2021

Mugs and Masks

I have a friend with a black lab and a beagle and I thought she would like a mug rug.  I went online and found a great fabric with lots of dogs.  There was a black lab and a beagle in the groups so I ordered it and started on the rug.


The Lab's name is Blossom, so I put her in a field of blossoms! After I finished it, I thought it would be fun to make a mask using the same fabric.  


I liked the way it turned out and was pleased that she liked it, too.

I have a good friend and former roommate that I have known since college. She has a gentleman friend (there has to be a better term at our age, but there you have it) who has a fabulous cactus garden, along with an artist's home.  You can see it here.

She also has a much loved granddaughter.  I wanted to take these two aspects of her life and make a mug rug.




My Cricut helped with the shapes. I got a cactus shape and a dress shape and played around with them. 


I sized them and cut out some templates.  Then I used Steam-A-Seam to cut out the shapes on fabric that I appliquéd to even more fabric.  


I used the dress to make a star quilt square and added the cactus on some fabric with rocks on the side.  I added some darker green thread to finish the cactus during the quilting process.



I used the horse shapes I had on Cricut for the horse quilt to make two rugs for another close friend that I have known since elementary school.  She has a young granddaughter that helps her with her MANY horses.  She breeds them. and frequently has as many as 40 at a time.  I made one for each of them, just in case they wanted to have a tea party!


The last one was for a friend from when we lived in Laguna Niguel.  She is a good friend who loves gardening.  And  a good cup of coffee or tea.  My Cricut came in handy again for the coffee pot and I used the Steam-A Seam for the flower I cut out of fabric.  She loves purple.


I mailed these all off and now I have no projects. Maybe I'll start on a quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment