Saturday, February 12, 2022

Thread!

 One of the difficult things when quilting is finding just the right thread to go with the fabric.  I have bought many spools and many different boxes to store them.  Unfortunately, they aren't all in one place and I spend time trying to find one that matches.  

Sometimes I buy a duplicate because I didn't see that I already had the perfect color.  But really there are so many different shades of yellow, and I have a bunch of them, but the next project with yellow fabric will be a different shade from all my current yellow threads.

I recently bought three thread spool holders.  Each one holds 60 spools, so I had room for 180 spools.  I thought I was way over buying. I tried to set out all the thread and organize them by color and shade.  Then I placed them on the pegs.  I kept finding colors that should have been placed 10 pegs ago.  At first I took them all down and added the thread in. Then I just gave up.

I really should have left a few spaces between each color group, but I was worried I would run out of spaces. I did end up with a few empty pegs, but not enough that I can go back and leave spaces throughout the holders. I think I'll buy one more holder and then reorganize so that I have room to add in the new thread I will inevitably have to buy to match the fabric on my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment