Sunday, February 10, 2019

St. Joseph

Our house is for sale.  Again.  We listed it last year and it didn't sell.  We listed it with a new agent and are trying again.  You can see the listing here.

I have heard that people having similar problems selling their house use a statue of St Joseph to speed things along.  I found an inexpensive one on Amazon and thought I would give it a try.

  

It comes with a prayer and instructions.  All for less than $10!  It's worth a shot, right?

  

I waited for the ground to thaw and dug a hole by the front steps.  I buried the statue upside down, as instructed.  I said the prayer and then one more specific to me as I really want this house to go to a family that will love it.

  

When, yes, I said it, WHEN the house sells, I am to dig up Joe and take him with me to the new house.  Not a problem.  He can come with us. I  just hope it is soon.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! We need to downsize and are hoping to move up close to our daughter.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the St Joseph house selling experience, which we also tried. And just as you did, Rebecca, our statue was bought on Amazon for under $10 and we followed the same procedure, buried upside down, facing the house, and said the prayer. We even relocated the statue a couple of times. In retrospect, we should have gone for the larger size as it took a very long time to sell our house. And, this month is the 1 year house sale anniversary and we are planning a document shredding get together with neighbors here. As for the statue, it was placed in the VA house after the sale, and when we went to retrieve it was nowhere to be found...seems St Joseph had also left the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my gosh! He took a hike! Or magically disappeared! So mysterious.

      Delete
  3. And with all that said, we both wish you and Lee the best of luck with the re-listing. Looking forward to any uodates as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No bites so far, but it is so cold and miserable I can understand we haven't had any. Here's hoping spring brings out the flowers and the buyers!

      Delete