Saturday, February 16, 2019

Lemon Sour Cream Pancakes

Not too long ago I made some Lemon Ricotta Pancakes.  They were really good.  I have also made pancakes using The Pioneer Woman's recipe for sour cream pancakes.  So when I found myself with some extra sour cream and lemons, I thought I would try a Lemon Sour Cream Pancake.  (Notice a theme?  It seems I like an occasional pancake.)

Here is the end result of my experimentation.  They were REALLY good.  Good enough to go out and buy more lemons and sour cream to make them again as I didn't take pictures the first time.   I wasn't sure they would be a blog worthy experiment, but they were!!

   

Lemon Sour Cream Pancakes

1 cup sour cream
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

oil for cooking

   

I use an electric griddle.  They work great, cook a lot of food evenly and are cheap.  So get one and set it up to preheat. I use about 350°.

   

Rather than measuring the zest and juice, I just used all that came from one medium sized lemon.  Put the juice and zest in a medium bowl with the sour cream and mix.  Allow the flavors to combine while you get out the rest of the ingredients.

   

Mix in the eggs.  Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.

   

Let it sit while you set the table.  It will get bubbly and poof up!

   

Heat some vegetable oil on the griddle and use about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until the edges of the pancake are done and the top is covered in bubbles.

  

Gently turn the pancakes over to finish cooking.  If you want to check to make sure they are done, use the corner of the spatula to stab the top of one pancake and peer inside.

   

Serve immediately with butter and syrup.

   

2 comments:

  1. Made these today. They are tasty but kinda rubbery. Followed recipe exactly. I would definitely make them again but change the sour cream/flour ratio. Too much sour cream. They take longer to cook through due to less flour but very tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for trying. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you. I did find them best when made and served immediately. They are a little tricky to cook clear through with the sour cream.

      Delete