Monday, February 4, 2019

Maple Pecan Snickerdoodles

I love finding new things to bake.  While shopping for chocolate chips I discovered that Nestles makes Maple flavored chips. That's new!  It had a maple pecan snickerdoodle recipe on the package.  I made a few adjustments to it to suit me and it is a delightful cookie!

Snickerdoodles are basically balls of sugar cookie dough rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked.  You can find my recipe here.

  

Maple Pecan Snickerdoodles

3/4 cups butter (1 1/2 sticks), room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package Maple morsels (chips)
1 cup chopped pecans

3 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon

  

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat to avoid sticking.

Place the butter in a mixing bowl and mix for several minutes.  I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer.  I can let the butter mix while assembling the other ingredients.  It will turn pale and be super soft.

  

Add the sugar and beat until combined. You may have to scrape down the bowl a few times.  You WILL have to scrape down the bowl a few times.

Add the eggs and the vanilla.  Mix some more.

  

Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt to the mixture.  Mix gently to avoid flour flying about the room.

  

When the dry ingredients are full combined, add the chopped nuts and maple chips.

  

Place the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir to mix.

  

Use a one inch cookie scoop to make a small ball of dough.  Place about three balls of dough in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.  Gently roll the balls with a fork and place the covered balls on a cookie sheet.

 

Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes before removing them to a cooking rack.

I liked the crunchy nuts and creamy maple chips in the snickerdoodle cookie.  They added an interesting texture and flavor.

  

8 comments:

  1. Those look so good! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome! They are an interesting change from traditional snickerdoodles.

      Delete
  2. Looks good. I'm not going near them though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I hope this means you made them. Because they really are!

      Delete
  4. Now I will have to check our grocery store for these maple flavored chips since we live in NE. The cookies looked so bood, I wish we could have sampled them online. I could bring the cold milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I froze a couple of dozen of the balls after I rolled them in the cinnamon sugar. So I can make some when you get here. The maple chips could have been a seasonal thing, but I don’t know.

      Delete