Sunday, January 28, 2024

Pink Baby Afghan

My daughter is pregnant with a baby girl.  I make all my grandkids an afghan. 

   

I made a pink one with a pattern I found on Etsy.  I like how it urned out.  But for the first time I bought some blocking squares to see if that made it look different.

In order to block a knitted item, you need to soak it. I used lukewarm water.  After about 15 minutes, I gently squeezed out the water.  I was careful to not twist or wring.   

I placed the wet afghan on a large towel and rolled it up.  Then I squeezed along the length to get out even more water.  

I placed the blocking squares on a large table and gently straightened the afghan.  I used the blocking pins to hold the afghan in an even rectangle and left it to dry.  

I like that there are no uneven spots or curled edges. 

    

Now I just need to wait for that baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment