Sunday, January 28, 2024

Jumbo Breakfast Cookies

 I get daily emails from Allrecipes and some of them are great.  I made these cookies with some minor modifications.  The comments are useful to get ideas for changes.

Jumbo Breakfast Cookies

   

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup milk

2 T vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups rolled oats

1 1/2 cups of a mixture of Craisins, chopped peanuts and chocolate chips

4 cups Cheerios


Preheat the oven to 375°.  I used Silpat sheets on a baking sheet, but parchment paper would do great.

Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the peanut butter and keep beating. I use a Kitchen Aid mixer and then I can get other things ready while it beats. 

In a medium bowl stir the flour salt and baking powder.

Add in the sugars, eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl.  Beat until fully incorporated.

Stop the mixer and add in the flour.  Start it up slowly them mix.  Add in the oats. Then place whatever combination of nuts and chips you choose in and incorporate them. 

I slightly chopped the peanuts and Craisins.

Remove the mixing bowl and hand stir in the Cheerios.   

Use the largest cookie scoop, about 1/3 cup and place 6 on a cookie sheet, leaving spaces for the dough to spread.  

   

Use a spatula to slightly flatten the cookie to about 1 inch tall.

   

Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.  Do not remove to a cooling rack for 5 minutes or they will fall apart.  

   

I made 18 of the jumbo cookies and then I made a dozen using the mid sized cookie scoop. I only baked them for 8 minutes.

Because I added a bunch of different treats, each bite was a bit different. And the smaller ones were also unique.  They were almost like a trail mix cookie!  If you don't like the Cheerios in the cookie you can add in Rice Krispies instead or even the flavored Cheerios.   

I imagine these would be great to grab on the way out the door if you don't have time for a sit down breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment