Sunday, January 28, 2024

Butter Beef

 I get emails from Allrecipes.  You should, too!  A recent one was for Butter Beef.  I tried it because it was super easy and I could use a Crockpot. There are only three ingredients.


Butter Beef

2-3 pounds stew meat

1/2 cup butter (one stick)

1 packet Lipton soup mix



I found that stew meat is way more expensive than just buying some top sirloin and cutting it myself.  I also used two pounds as there is only two of us. 

Cut the meat into bite size pieces and place in the Crockpot. If you bought stew meat,  just dump it in from the package. 

Place the butter on top of the meat and sprinkle the soup mix on top. 

Cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH.  Stir a couple of times while it is cooking.

Serve the Butter Beef over egg noodles or rice.  I used rice. Make sure you get some of the sauce to drizzle over the rice or noodles.

It was delicious.   


Butter Beef Burrito

1 very large or 2 medium Russet potatoes, cut into bite size pieces

1 medium onion. I used a sweet onion

salt and pepper to taste

reserved Butter Beef 

sour cream

salsa

Large flour tortilla


I knew I would have a lot more beef than we could eat at one meal, so I planned on using the rest in some burritos. 

 

Cut the potato into cubes, place in a saucepan and cover with water.  Boil for a few minutes.  While you are waiting for the water to boil, cut up the onion.  Heat a large fry pan over medium. Add a slab of butter and the onions.  

Drain the potatoes and add to the onions.  Add salt and pepper to taste. (I boil the potatoes for a bit to shorten the frying time. ) After the potatoes are browned, add some of the Butter Beef.  Cook until warmed through.

Smear the sour cream on a warmed tortilla. Top with the potato/butter beef mixture and add salsa. 

Fold the sides over the mixture and roll up the burrito.


After the burrito meal we STILL had Butter Beef and fried potatoes. 

I chopped them into smaller pieces and heated in a fry pan.  

I cooked two eggs over easy in another pan and served the whole shebang on toast. 

 

Meal three with one batch of Butter Beef. A win for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment