Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Cucumber Salad


 I found a version of this salad on Costco Connection.  I changed a few things to suit me and really liked it.  It makes a nice change from the usual salad 

Cucumber Salad

Package of small cucumbers, thinly sliced

2 green onions, thinly sliced

1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced

1/2 cup basil, chopped

1/2 cup cilantro, chopped

1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

2 T sesame seeds, lightly toasted


Dressing


3 T fresh Lime juice, I just juiced a whole lime and didn't measure

2 T olive oil

2 T rice vinegar

1 T soy sauce

1 tsp minced garlic

2 T honey

   

Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.

      

Slice, chop and toast all the other ingredients per the recipe and place in a medium bowl

Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and toss gently.  Serve immediately or chill up to 24 hours.  It is good both ways.  The cucumbers and onions were crunchy and fresh tasting.  I've made this twice so far and will add it into my regular rotation of delicious salads.

I had enough for two meals.  On the second night I served it over some leftover rice that I heated up with a little water.  I drizzled a bit of soy sauce over the rice and topped it with the cucumbers.  It sounded weird but was quite nice!  In fact, in the future I may serve it that way as a filing side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment