Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Safety First

   

Our deck has two levels.  The wood is painted. Both levels are painted the same color.

   

This has almost caused some falls.

I decided to put something at the edge of the step. The wood is not new and will at some point be replaced with Trex or at least new wood.  Because of the roughness, we didn't think brightly colored tape would stick well.

I decided to paint a bright yellow stripe to clue people in that there was a step.  People including me.

   

I nailed a few of the popped up nails flush with the wood.  I measured in 1 1/2 inches and marked the wood.  I placed tape and paper to try and make an even stripe.

   

Because the of the uneven wood, the tape didn't fit flush and a bit of paint inched under the tape in a few places.

   

All in all, I'm happy with the solution and look forward to not having my guests fall down.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We haven't had any guests since I painted it. But I can report that I haven't fallen or tripped since I did it!!

      Delete
  2. Better to have uneven paint than a fall, besides no one else will be that concerned and thankful, especially you, for the warning, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. So when you stop by on your next jaunt, I will expect no falling from you!!!

      Delete