Monday, May 11, 2020

A Pillow For The Dress Quilt

When I made the dress quilt for Rachel, I made a practice square. I cut out a dress shape and fused it to a scrap piece of off white fabric.

After I finished the quilt, I didn't want to discard the practice square.  I thought I could use some of the left over batting to make a simple pillow.

   

I added a simple border from the dotted fabric. and a yellow dotted fabric for the back.

   

I stuffed it with many layers of the batting.  Batting is pretty thin, so I used a lot, but the end result is still pretty flat.

   

I like the combination for a young girl.

   

I hope Rachel likes it.

I wish I could fly in to visit.  Guess I'll wait a few months until it isn't so virus-y.

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt and the pillow. My grandmother would always make pillows from her quilt items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! I've often thought of it, but this is the first time I made one. I made it flat for a little girl, but I will try a more traditional shape next time.

      Delete