Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Peaches and Cream Muffins

I visited the Bryant Orchards shop this week.  They mostly sell peaches and that is why I go there.  You will not find peaches like these in your grocery store.

 

I had some heavy cream I purchased and never used, so Peaches and Cream Muffins were born.

 


Peaches and Cream Muffins

1 large or 2 medium peaches
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg
3/4 cup cream, you may substitute milk
1/3 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 Tablespoons raw sugar for sprinkling on top

 

Preheat the oven to 400°.  Spray a muffin baker with Pam and set aside.  I used a silicone one on top of a baking sheet.

 

Peel, slice and dice the peaches.  You will want around 3/4 to 1 cup after dicing.  Sprinkle the lemon juice on top and give them a stir. 

 

This is to prevent browning while you assemble the rest of the ingredients. 

 

Place the egg, cream and oil in a large bowl.  Give it a brisk whisk to incorporate them.  Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon to the egg and cream mixture.  Switch to a spoon as the whisk will clog with the batter. Mix just until moistened and then fold in the peaches.

 

Fill the muffin baker.  I used an ice cream scoop and it made 10 substantial muffins.  You may fill them 3/4 full and you will be able to get 12 muffins from this recipe.

 

Sprinkle the tops with raw sugar.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.  Test with a toothpick.  My big muffins took 25 minutes.

 

The muffins were nice and moist and not too sweet.  I used less oil than a lot of recipes I found, so I worried they may turn out dry, but they were quite good.  I'm sure the moist and delicious fresh peaches had a lot to do with it!

2 comments:

  1. These look super easy! Of course eating every last one of them would also be easy. Not in one sitting mind you, but I bet I would eat every last one of them. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you HAD to use up that cream before it spoiled, Rebecca :-) Baking these treats was a good idea and of course, they are healthy because of the peaces...right? I have never used silicone baking products, a friend recommended the individual silicone cups and wondering if you had tried them or prefer the one-piece silicone muffin try.

    ReplyDelete