Friday, March 11, 2022

White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Lee mentioned that we did not have any cookies in the house.  I think that was a subtle hint he would like some cookies in the house.  I happened to have a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of white chocolate chips. I asked him which I should use and he chose the white ones.  I thought a chocolate cookie would be a good base.

I found a recipe on the Two Sisters Crafting site.  I made a minor change and made them mostly as I found there.



Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies.

1 cup butter, softened. (two sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla 
2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag white chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 °.  Prepare baking sheets. I use Silpat.


I like creaming butter in a Kitchen Aid. You can let it run while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.   The lightest cookies need light and fluffy butter.  Scrape down the sides and keep beating. It will take about 5 minutes.


Add the two sugars and beat for a few more minutes. When fully mixed add the eggs and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.  

Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix very slowly or you will be covered in cocoa.


Mix in 1 1/4 cup flour and then the remaining cup of flour, just until incorporated.

Lastly, pour in a bag of your favorite white chocolate chips. mix briefly or they will all get smashed.


I used a medium cookie scoop to make even balls on the prepared baking sheets.


Bake for 9-11 minutes.  Let the baking sheets cool for two minutes and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. 


These cookies did not flatten and were soft and quite delicious. 

 I would make them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment